SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.- Feb. 27, 2019- PRLog -- Today, we are pleased to introduce several non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT) industry leaders to key NEMTAC Advisory Boards.
In each case, the role on our advisory board signifies the dedication and innovation of each of these individuals. Each Advisor brings significant experience in the NEMT industry. Collectively, the advisory board members will be instrumental in helping NEMTAC develop the first set of American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standards related to accreditation, driver certification and ethical business practices.
"We are grateful to have such experienced professionals lend their talents to our mission as we seek to drive positive change within the medical transportation industry," said NEMTAC Executive Director, Melissa Jankowski.
Newest dynamic board of advisors to provide strategic input and support to NEMTAC include:
· Kelly Addy, Owner, Clear Choice Express LLC
· Jonathon Anton, National Sales Director, Buffalo Intelligent Technology Systems
· Sufian Chowdhury, Founder and CEO, Kinetik Healthcare Solutions, Inc.
· Travis Draney, Owner, Nonpareil Care LLC
· Dori Boyle, Medicaid Program Specialist, Idaho Department of Health & Welfare
· Tom James, EMS Medical Director and Prehospital Program Manager, NFP P&C Insurance Services
· Rick Little, President, WheelCare, LLC
· Mark Porterfield, Owner, Caliber Care+Transport Alabama
· Ray Shanahan, Director of Sales, Medic-CE
Non Emergency Medical Transportation Accreditation Commission (NEMTAC) was established as a nonprofit healthcare organization to enhance and promote the quality of care in America's medical transportation system. NEMTAC standards represent industry best practices designed to ensure consistently high-quality customer care, safe vehicle operations and ethical business practices. In addition to accreditation, NEMTAC provides advanced education and training certificate programs to individuals seeking a career in the medical transportation industry. For more information visit www.nemtac.org .
About the Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) Industry
The NEMT industry provides a critical non-ambulance transportation link between patients and their medical care needs, including appointments with physicians and other services, such as dialysis, diagnostic tests or wound care. 17,000+ companies in the NEMT industry provide millions of transports annually for patients, typically for pre-scheduled services. However, it's estimated that missed care appointments due to a lack of transportation cost the U.S. healthcare system billions of dollars each year.